Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which may come to me via my merchant providers – PayPal https://www.paypal.com/uk or Stripe https://stripe.com/gb, or via my Facebook store https://www.facebook.com/donkeypoo), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list. I may on occasions send you information about promotions and special offers on my products that I think you might like;
- if necessary, to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with merchant services policies. I use your information as necessary to comply with PayPal Legal Agreements (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_GB) or Stripe Services Agreements (https://stripe.com/gb/legal)
- use or view my website via your browser’s cookies.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as merchant payment services (PayPal or Stripe) or delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below. I may charge a small administration fee for this service so that I can prepare the data for you.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit my website, I may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of my website features may not function as a result.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, my website uses:
- Functionality – I use these cookies so that I recognise you on my website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Lorraine Hart, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, you may contact me.